Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sunday Best Vol. 1

Sunday Best Vol 1


A New Link Up  with Camp Patton

Thanks Grace for hosting a linkup of Mass clothes and behaviors.  I am thinking that I might learn a thing or two reading other stories of kids at Mass. At least I figure I can get a laugh and feel OK about my Team at Mass.

The Story
I woke up thinking maybe the 6:30 pm Mass would be a great way to start summer. But, due to Anne yelling from her crib "Wake up Mom" I got up and we got ready for 11 am.

The first joy is Anne and Laura running down the aisle to the front of the church.  I stopped at an almost empty pew a few from the front. So I got to go up and grab them to bring them to the pew.  This is always fun I wonder "Should I bow to the altar because I am standing in front of it?" or is that only for when you are going to go up to the altar?

FYI - No bow

I did genuflect before entering my pew so that at least was proper.   Our church has tri-fold activity sheets to keep kids busy. No crying room at the church only the back, out in the gathering space or take them outside.

It was all pretty normal some fighting for pens, colors, and books.  Then of course Laura has to pee durning the Readings.  I held her off until standing for the Our Father.  But, Anne had to join us on the long walk out yelling "Diaper bag, diaper bag" so yes I went back for the bag.

Laura beat us to the bathroom in the back so I didn't go in with her only stood outside and worried that she was tearing up the place.

When she came out Anne went in and laid on the floor for a diaper GROSS! I did get her up and onto a diaper changing pad and changed her diaper.  While I was washing my hands she kept dunking her hands into the toilet and making the Sign of The Cross.  GROSS!   I got her washed up and back to the pew just in time for communion. She ran up to the front and stood by Monsignor and didn't want to leave.  I had to carry her crying back to the pew. 

Grades:
Theresa - B she threw the pen holder at the end of Mass
Eleanore - A she worked quietly on her worksheet
Laura - C  I don't like going out to pee
Anne - C Her bathroom behavior grossed me out

No Pictures this week maybe next.

Check out more Sunday stories at Camp Patton

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for linking!!

    your girls sound like they would be a positive influence on Bash!!!

    ReplyDelete