Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Quick Takes Vol. 21


--- 1 ---
Laura Jo was blessed by having a big birthday party on Sunday.  She has been waiting for her party for over a month. She decided to have a snowflake party back in November her birthday came and went on December 19th with only a small party.  I will say that the party was worth the wait.

--- 2 ---
Decorating snowflake cookies was on the agenda for the party. The Team cut out the cookies on Saturday.  It was the first time that I have done cut out cookies on my own.  The girls had lots of fun cutting out different shapes.  The most popular shapes were from some Star War cutters that we used for the first time, I have had them for over 2 year. Maybe I will make cookies again on a rainy day.  
Laura cutting out Darth Vader

--- 3 ---
Using my sister-in-law pin and her bottles decorating was easy and amazingly clean. The washing of the bottles was also easy, normally when decorating I make frosting with greasy Crisco. Cleaning Crisco from bottles and decorating bags is gross the stuff always feels greasy.
Eleanore decorating cookies
--- 4 ---
Theresa decorating
 
--- 5 ---
Laura used Angel Food cupcakes to hold her candles. We didn't do a cake so we had cupcakes to decorate along with our cookies.  Laura with her tray of goodies.

--- 6 ---
Besides the sweets soup was on the menu.  I made Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup using this pin
I didn't take a picture of my soup but, it looked a lot like this. Except I didn't measure my noodles I just dumped the whole bag in.  The crock pot was overfilled with noodles yummy!


I also made Chicken Tortilla Soup from a recipe submitted to cookbook that I am working on for my husbands guard unit.  I didn't take a picture bummer, so I will have to make it again and then do a post about the soup.

--- 7 ---
No school on Monday which was fun for the girls here is a snapshot of what the day looked like.
Crying Anne
To be honest I think all week has been non stop crying Anne. It has been a long week.
 
 
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment