Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Quick Takes Vol. 18



Thank You Hallie for hosting this week.
--- 1 ---
Saturday was a great day for me.  I drove out to my cousin's house to pickup her daughter (better known as Team Horning's favorite babysitter).  It was nice to visit with no kids hanging off me (I did have Ella but, she played on her own).  Then us ladies hit Old Navy and scored some new clothes, did lunch, and then a thrift store which took over an hour to go through and some girls weren't ready to leave but, my arm was tired of carrying around stuff.

Hubby and I went to diner and Lincoln it was a great movie.  I liked that it was funny, serious, and educational.  The best had to be all the debating on the House Floor. It was kind of like watching Parliament yelling and booing. I think maybe the new House should give yelling and booing a try this year and see if some progress is made in legislating our country. 

--- 2 ---
Monday hubby took big girls to Papa's Pumpkin Patch which is converted into Papa's Polar Patch in the winter.  The girls had so much fun! The were so excited when they got home telling me all about the place and they can't wait to go back next December.
Laura on slide with sisters in background.
 
 
Theresa and Ella on sled ride.
 
--- 3 ---
I enjoyed my afternoon working on the computer, and doing a little cleaning, organizing.  Anne was a great help by taking a nice long nap.  

--- 4 ---
So I have been trying to find my word or words for this year. I have heard of this idea before but, it really struck me when I read it in The Word Among Us for Dec 31st, 2012 meditations.  Then I saw the idea again on Facebook by Debbie Macomber.  So I have prayed a couple of times and the only thing I see or hear is FAMILY.  I guess that is my word?  I thought I might run across some blogs about the idea this weekend when I troll through the 7 Quick Takes link ups.

--- 5 ---
HAPPY NEW YEAR!  I let big 2 girls stay up until 11 pm to watch the ball drop in Time Square. I slept in the basement with them so it was kind of like a party.  
 
--- 6 ---
 I finished typing and figured out how to double side print out cookbook for hubby's guard unit. I have been working on the project slowly since November. I was relived when I printed it out and found that other then a few printing issues it looks OK. I met my goal of having a draft copy ready for Jan 12th Family Readiness Meeting. 2013 better look out I'm on a roll.

--- 7 ---
God,  I pray for healing for Jen Amen.
 
 

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!  And this week check out Hallie at the Moxie Wife

1 comment:

  1. This is the first year I've seen this "Word for the Year" idea. I love it. I don't love the word I got, but I love the idea.

    ReplyDelete