Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Quick Takes Vol. 20

 
 
--- 1 ---
Theresa celebrated her second Sacrament on Saturday Jan 12th, 2013 (so I can look up the date if I need to) She celebrated Reconciliation, we have been studying the Sacrament and doing a lot of talking and practicing.  I didn't ask what her penance was, I only reminded her to put down the kneeler and do it.( I assumed that a prayer or two makes a good penance for first timers). 


--- 2 ---
I was also able to celebrate Reconciliation with my one of my favorite priests to confess to.  He is retired and I was excited when I found out he was coming to help with the celebration.  I told Theresa that I was going to push my way to the front.  She decided if I did that I would have to confess it and that would be embarrassing.  I was able to restrain myself from rushing his line and waited until all the 2nd graders were done before going to him. 

--- 3 ---
Reconciliation + Me = Kleenex.  Which I didn't have in the church.  Why do I forget that sometimes ok most times I get all teary eyed.  I know that I am not the only one there were some other people wiping the tears as they returned to their pew.  I don't know if it because the weight of the sin is gone or because of what the priest said.

--- 4 ---
On Monday I read this post by Jennifer Fulwiler it somehow came up on the Kindle in reader instead of her home page.  Notice the post is from 2010 very sneaky Holy Spirit.   The post is all about her mother-in-law learning about St. Anthony. I read the post and thought about finding buyers for my home as I read some of the different ways people ask St. Anthony to pray for them.  I am happy to report that St. Anthony quickly and efficiently prayed "Find Marie some buyers" or something to that effect and that very afternoon I booked a showing and by the end of the week a deal has been struck and a contract to purchase has been signed. 

I will now - publicly thank St. Anthony for Finding Buyers for me!

--- 5 ---
On Monday I attended a talk about Sacraments at my parish. OK I actually intruded on the RCIA class about Sacraments.  The presenter drew a great parallel between the 7 Sacraments and the life cycle. I had not heard it explained this way before and it really clicked for me. Here is my take on what he said.

Life
Sacraments
Born
Baptism
Move Out
Confirmation
Vocation
Holy Orders
Marriage
Death
Anointing of Sick

Along the journey we all need: 

Nourishment = Eucharist
Course Correction = Reconciliation
 

--- 6 ---
Picture Time

Anne sitting in Eleanore's doll crib. 

--- 7 ---
 

Anne sitting on her chair watching TV with Laura . 
 
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment