Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

Quick Takes Vol. 19

--- 1 ---
My turn to borrow Storm of Swords the third book in the Game of Thrones series by George R.R. Martin came up at the Bismarck Library.  I borrowed the book with my Kindle.  I am very thankful for the Kindle this book is over 900 pages and would be heavy to hold and keep the pages open.   I will admit to getting upset about certain things happening this is not an average book where heroes are identified and you can root for them throughout the series.  

--- 2 ---
I worked hard last weekend cleaning the house,  I had let the the place slip into disarray due to Christmas break.    I was going to leave all my Nativities up until Monday but, I decided that since I was all ready putting away and moving boxes I needed to do it all.  I felt guilty about not having my Nativities up until after Epiphany. Do you think that confession might lift my Catholic Guilt?
Nativities
 
--- 3 ---
House selling not going so great.  The house got off to a slow start being listed just before Christmas but, I felt I couldn't wait until the New Year to get started on the process. The house has been shown 4 times and still no offers. The price has been lowered so that our home is now below or closer to the price of new construction.  I have been praying about the situation this week so I know it will be OK.

--- 4 ---
Our little Anne has started talking more. No sentences yet but, it is getting easier to understand her words.  I find it so amazing how they seem to start talking out of the blue.  I have been telling the other girls they need to work on making her say words before giving her something.

--- 5 ---
The last two days has been weather confusing here with Team Horning.  The North Dakota weather service issued a winter storm warning or watch two days ago and my girls heard the warning and have been eagerly awaiting the storm.  I am also confused as to when this storm is coming, it might be an interesting Friday/Saturday  in North Dakota.

--- 6 ---
Tomorrow Theresa receives the Sacrament of Reconciliation. On Wednesday night we participated in a retreat and got a little tour of the Baptismal Font  and Reconciliation room by Monsignor Lindemann.  ( I had to look up how to spell that word. He just got the title of Monsignor last month.)  Our parish administrator did a little talk on the Altar. We have 8 Relics stored in our Reliquaries, I have told Theresa about them but, until she actually saw the 8 little boxes and was told by some else she finally believed.  We have a relic from St. Therese of Lisieux, which is the Saint that Theresa claims as her Saint. 

St. Theresa of Lisieux
 
 
--- 7 ---
I made it to the YMCA in the New Year!  Now for getting there in time for a class the next goal in fitness.  
 

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment