Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

Quick Takes Vol. 14

--- 1 ---
The North Dakota Guard family suffered a loss of two soldiers this week.  Spc. Tyler Orgaard , age 20 and Sgt. 1st Class Darren M. Linde, 41 a father of four.   They were killed in Afghanistan and another solider was wounded in the attack.  Please add their families to your prayer list. - Thank You
 North Dakota National Guard soldiers killed in action.

--- 2 ---
I went to Grand Forks with just the hubby to attend the 1-188th ADA Battalion's Family Readiness Group meeting.  I also got to attend the Christmas party - more on that later.  The information that I gained in during the meeting was great. Most everything I had heard before, but in the last deployment didn't apply to our family because our kids were too young. 

--- 3 ---
The bigger reason to go to Grand Forks for the weekend shopping without kids on Saturday morning.  I hit Micheal's, Good Will, and Gordmans.  I also went to Great Clips for a hair cut!  I am almost done with my gift buying.

--- 4 ---
Hubby and I had planned a date night for Saturday,  we did go to Ruby Tuesdays and then decided going to Lowes, Wal-Mart, and Menards was more important then a movie.   Which turned out fine because our hotel room door was right across the hall from the ballroom where the Battalion's Christmas party was being held.  It was fun, the unit hired a DJ with a Karaoke machine and had prizes to get people out to sing.   It was loud in our room so we just had to join in the party.

--- 5 ---
Thank you to the family members that watched our girls. We split them up so that they were easier to watch.
--- 6 ---
Last night Eleanore had a dress rehearsal for The Nutcracker Ballet.  The rehearsal was a Christmas party for a local energy company.  She didn't get home until after 10 but seemed in great spirits this morning.   She also performs on Saturday night and Sunday afternoon.  It is going to be a long weekend of hair and makeup for me.

--- 7 ---
All week the hubby was in D.C. lucky him.  I have been to D.C. three times and enjoyed it more every time. He was with training with Army and had the chance to see the apartments for deployment and I guess the setup is nice.  Much better then Iraq, which is hard to beat.
 
 
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment