Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Quick Takes Vol. 24

 
--- 1 ---
Friday night Team Horning attended a gathering of "young" adults from church. Our leader had a girl from the local First Choice Clinic come and talk about some upcoming fundraisers.  She shared some of the stories from the clinic. The stories of babies saved and babies lost are very powerful.

--- 2 ---
It was warm on Saturday so the Team went out to visit the new house.  It is very exciting to be able to walk through the place. The walk thru inspired Theresa to pack up three boxes of stuff in her room later on that day.

Eleanore and Theresa at patio door. 
 
--- 3 ---
The front of the house it looks great right?

--- 4 ---
The big girls did their Valentine's Day cards mostly by themselves. I set a card table in office and they worked together to get it all done. Theresa did bags with pencils and sharpeners. Ella taped pencils to her cards. I should have taken pictures of them working O well the important thinking is the stuff is done.
--- 5 ---
Attend Ash Wednesday mass at 7.  I looked online and wrote down the Mass times of other churches but, just didn't get going in time for a 5:30 Mass. So we attended 7 pm we didn't get going and ended up sitting in the front. The real front with no kneelers. I ended up taking Anne to back of church durning the distribution of ashes. All in all it wasn't that bad for a late Mass.
--- 6 ---
I tried on more bridesmaid dresses this week.  I tried on three at David's Bridal I was with the bride and we both think that a different dress at a local bridal shop is better. Trying on dresses can be fun in a large group or if you aren't down to crunch time. The wedding isn't till October so there is still time for more looking.  I used Pinterest to pin the dresses that are currently in the running.  Well actually I think that two on the board are out but a person never knows. 

Laura in a flower girl dress for the fun of it. 
--- 7 ---
Went to the mall to find snowboots for Theresa. Turns out her left boot had a hole in it which let in a bunch of water on Wednesday when it was warm. So I scrambled to get some boots bought. I purchased some suede boots at Target just in case. Found real snowboots at Walmart. YEAH!
Before shopping at Target little girls got to play in the play area.  Next week we'll have to return the boots and do some more playing.
Anne standing on the momma deer.
 
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment