Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Quick Takes Vol. 11


--- 1 ---
Last weekend in central North Dakota started with a snow event!   In the Capital city we received about 10 inches.  During a no travel warning, I drove into dance to find out that dance was canceled. The drive in wasn't bad but, home was slow going, having to drive in the middle of the road couldn't see the sides or any of the lines. 
--- 2 ---
After snow is an exciting time.  Unless you are a 1 year old that hasn't seen snow or played in snow then it isn't exciting it is tramatic. Anne kept trying to get back inside the house by hanging off the front door and then the door between the garage and the house. 
Theresa built a fort on the corner.
 
Eleanore giving Laura a ride.
 
--- 3 ---
 Due to the cool weather I took the time to work on decorated coffee mugs. This is all over Pinterest and I thought it sounds easy and cheap.  I did not pin the directions I have only liked the directions so no link for you to follow.  Basically take a stone mug, plate or what ever item draw on it with permanent marker and bake for 30mins at 350 degrees.

A Pintrest fail ~ do you know the right directions or should I even bother trying again?

--- 4 ---
On Thursday I took Laura to gymnastics with no little sister so I took some pictures.
Concentration on the beam
--- 5 ---
 
Big sisters brought up baby carriages and dolls for Anne early in the week. So I have been very busy wrapping up dolls in blankets all week. A reminder to me :look around for the pretend bottles for the dolls I know that we have at least two.
Anne and baby Belle
 
--- 6 ---
The hubby left today Friday early afternoon on a flight to Las Vegas. Before you think lucky him, and sad for me wait for the story.  Hubby flew down with his brother to drive a U-Haul and car back to North Dakota for their mother. This is very exciting my mother-in-law will be living in Mandan right across the river. I don't know how long she has been gone from North Dakota but, I would guess years,years, and even a few decades.  We are all very excited that she will be back in the state and near family.
--- 7 ---
I Finished Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin.  This is the second book in the series the HBO show Game of Thrones is based off of.  I have it checked out of the Bismarck library on my Kindle.  A reminder: return/check the book back in to the library.  I will admit I was a bit pissy about mid way through the book about something that happens to some of the characters. After a few days off from reading, I rationalized that the author must have a plan and I finished the book. 


For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

2 comments:

  1. Marie, that is such wonderful news about your mother-in-law! It's always great to be closer to family. As far as the mugs go... I don't know how the sharpie works. But you might want to try Pebeo Porcelaine 150 Paint Markers, they should do the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info about other markers. I thought the mugs would be neat gifts for Christmas. If I get to Hobby Lobby or Jo Anne Fabrics I will look for porcelain markers.

    ReplyDelete