Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Quick Takes Vol. 10


--- 1 ---
The week started with hubbies' National Guard Christmas party. A little early you maybe thinking but, the date and scheduling worked out. I am part of the Family Readiness Group or the FRG (the military loves acronyms) so I was in charge of salad, extra dessert, and some other parts of the party.  It was a huge success. My hubby said that he heard good things the next day at drill.

--- 2 ---
Sunday brought more FRG events with briefings that were long and some what confusing. A briefing about health insurance was especially confusing.

--- 3 ---
On Monday it was Eleanore's dance observation week.  She is in a pre-ballet class and she really loves all the movements she is learning.

Eleanore at the bar.
 
Some kind of ballet position 
 
--- 4 ---
Saddy, I forgot my camera on Wednesday night at home. Our church had a Thanks Giving (yep two words) party.  The kids colored place mats for the parish appreciation banquet, made magnets (which I need to find directions online and pin ), wrote Thank You cards for the parish to use.  There was also games and some treats.  All four girls had a great time! 

--- 5 ---
So I did not make it to the YMCA this week.  So I have wrecked my average of working out once a week.
--- 6 ---
I found an interesting linkup this week at Positively (Im)Perfect!  I don't know if I'm ready for Making it Count Monday but, I have enjoyed reading the posts.

--- 7 ---
I finally watched "I Don't Know How She Dose It" It was so funny and I think most women can/could find something to relate too.
 
 
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marie! Great name--it's our daughter's name as well:) Your little ladies are just beautiful, I can't wait to learn more about your awesome family! I'm so glad you discovered Make It Count Monday and have been enjoying it...the little goals keep me going some days!

    I just became a SAHM after my husband and I spent five years in the Army, and I know how tough it is to be alone with the kids during a deployment. I actually just wrote a guest post about it for a great military moms site, Ms.MommyHH6.com. Are you still in the prep phase or has your hubby left yet? I've added you to my prayer list for all of the tough months ahead, hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for adding my family to your prayers. We are in the predeployment stages leave date is May 9th 2013. I will check out your post on MS.MommyHH6.com .

    Yesterday as I was in church not focusing on mass I was thinking about how there must be some kind of military family blogging community that I could join.

    ReplyDelete