The Medora North Dakota Edition
On Sunday of Labor Day weekend I drove the Team to Medora. We made it all the way to New Salem before stopping for bathroom. I guess it is about 40 miles from home so that isn't too bad.
Since we had to pull of the interstate for a bathroom, a visit to the world' s largest cow was needed.
Saying "HI" from New Salem Sue the world's largest cow.
We continued on the journey to Western North Dakota. Next stop was in Richardton for yep another bathroom break. After that little stop it was nonstop to the eastern edge of the Badlands. We stopped at the Painted Canyon and checked out the view of the Badlands, restrooms, and the visitors center.
Eleanore and Laura
After the Painted Canyon it is just a short drive to Medora. I forgot how busy the little town is so I quickly scored a parking spot on the edge of town and let the girls go wild at the school playground.
The fun lasted a whole 15 minutes before another bathroom break was needed. It only took two tries to find a building with a public restroom.
Since I had the girls away from the playground and my mom and aunts showed up in town we decided to do some walking around and looking at shops. Medora is a tourist trap with almost every store selling the same or similar items. I was able to avoid purchasing much of anything which I was happy about.
Western North Dakota is on Mountain time and we live in Central Time and a snack or even supper was needed bad for my Team. So I took them to the local ice cream shop
Eleanore getting some ice cream
After the break for ice cream it was time to visit the big wood playground. I didn't get a lot of pictures I was hot and mostly sat in the little kids area watching Anne. The big girls ran around the wooden structure and had a blast.
Laura driving train
After another bathroom break we headed to Dickinson. I booked a room at what turned out to be the best Comfort Inn. The pool area had 2 different pools one being zero entry. I didn't even take my cover up off to help Anne in the water. The next day I did have to go into the big pool with Anne so she could swim with her sisters.
Anne riding the whale in the baby pool
Anne in goggles
Theresa in big pool
The biggest excitement a water slide !!
Laura on the slide
I had a surprising OK night except Anne didn't want to go to sleep and kept talking. I eventually nodded off along with the rest of kids. We had a great breakfast and then did a little more swimming.
Before heading back to Bismarck we visited the Dinosaur Museum.
Eleanore checking out the exhibits
.
The Team wanted to have a picture with the Dino out front and it kind of worked out.
Then Theresa took some with me and the little girls before we headed home.
Wrangling the girls for a picture.
The final picture
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!






No comments:
Post a Comment