Washington DC Edition
Day 1 in DC - Hubby made me walk from apartment to Metro station. He claimed it was just down the road (good thing that I have been training for walking at Y) It was hot and part was uphill. Here is a picture that I texted to cousin that watched the girls.
Theresa knew it was the Washington Monument.
I took the picture at top of a hill about mid walk I told hubby that we would be using the bus or a Taxi to get back to apartment from Metro.
I decided it was too hot to be inside a giant green house so we quickly left and walked uphill to the Capitol building. We found our way downstairs to the new tourist entrance to the building and enjoyed some AC and all stuff at the new tourist center. I was impressed with all the neat artifacts and info about DC in the center. We didn't go on the tour since I had done it before and hubby's unit planned on touring at a later date.
Took Metro back into Arlington and used bus to get back to apartment. I even had time to take a little nap before my brother picked us up for dinner at Cheesecake Factory.
Day 2 - Didn't really get going in the morning so we didn't leave apartment till almost noon. Took Metro into DC again just one stop north of Union Station I used Expedia to book a hotel room so we wouldn't have to worry about going back to Arlington. By the time we checked into hotel and put stuff in room and used phone to check tour times found that I took to long to get moving so no Basilica tour.
We hung in hotel for awhile and then headed out for some food ended up walking all the way to Union Station which was fun to see some of the changes in the building. We ate at Johnny Rockets and even saw a mouse just like when we were in collage. I made hubby use the Metro to get back to hotel.
Day 3 - Got moving in the morning and headed up to Catholic University to the Basilica of The National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. It was a great tour! I was surprised to learn that the building is not old that construction was started in 1920.
Bug and me at the Basilica
Went back to apartment afterwards and took a nap. While I was sleeping hubby found us a truck to drive to target to buy some supplies for him. I made him go to Old Navy since it was in the same lot as Target and I scored some maternity jeans!!
After the homily came a great Eucharistic prayer that was asked different Saints to pray for us which I thought was nice. Our parish asks Saints to pray for us as a whole church before baptisms. At communion a lot of the parishioners kneeled down to receive , we don't do that back in ND.
Of course I had to take some pics Mary and the outside of the church.
For our evening entertainment we went to IMAX 3D showing of Pacific Rim which was awesome! The movie is so simple, loud, and fun I enjoyed it all. The next morning we rehashed the movie with my brother over breakfast.
Day 5 - Breakfast with brother and then off to airport to fly home. Didn't make it home had plane trouble somewhere over ND and had to turn back to Minneapolis. Turned out to be a good deal for me Delta put me up in the Crowe Plazza in St. Paul along river it was gorgeous look at my view
Didn't have to leave Minneapolis until evening so I went walking around St. Paul and then headed to airport. It was very relaxing and I enjoyed my day in Minnesota.
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!










No comments:
Post a Comment