Last Friday I headed into the girls school for a presentation on rocks and minerals. Ella worked in a group and wrote a paper, did experiments, and then had to tell other kids and parents what they found. It was great to have the kids talk in front of a small group.
Eleanore with her report
Why do I go back and forth when it is time for me to leave kids behind and travel. Last week I wrote I was heading to Grand Forks for ND Guard Yellow Ribbon event. Even in the last week I wasn't sure about going. Turns out it was one of the better guard events I have attended. Thanks to the budget cuts from D.C. the talks were short and a lot was cut from the programing.
The Army or somebody spent some money creating a great video about planning for the worst. I was impressed with the interviews and advice given. It brought up the fact that who ever you list on your form gets informed of injure or death and you need to make sure that they can handle it.
It has been an exciting week for Team Horning our dad is home for the next 10 days and Eleanore is preparing to dance in Little Mermaid ballet this weekend. We have practice every night I am glad it is almost over. I am looking forward to seeing the costumes and the performance tomorrow afternoon.
Planning a party on Sunday for hubby and my brother that is also deploying D.C. I hope that people come to the right house. My sister-in-law used Facebook to the inviting so I put up this picture in the message to help out people. Could you find the house using the picture and an address that dosen't quite work on Google yet?
--- 5 ---
The best time is nap time!
So in regard to number 4 I'm making sloppy joes. Easy as pie right! That was until I had to figure out the amount of meat to cook. I think I need a party binder with how much food I made and how much was left over. I know that I have done a few parties where late comers didn't get any meat. I'm doing 10 pounds so with sauce and stuff I figure that is at least 4 people per pound right.
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!




No comments:
Post a Comment