Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

Quick Takes Vol.48

The weather has been getting colder this week. On Tuesday it was an OK day at 40 degrees.  I sent Miss Anne outside not dressed for the weather. She wouldn't wear a winter coat but, insisted on a hat and gloves. She didn't stay out but, a few minutes. Turned out she peed outside which I imagine was cold. Peeing outside was the highlight of her day, she told her sisters all about it when they got home from school. The whole team thought it was very funny that she peed outside.

Michael wiggles in his sleep.  I found him sideways with no blankets in the morning.  Look at his cute little socks sticking out. I just love all the cute socks that my cousin gave us. Strangely all the socks stay on. I don't know if it is because he is a boy and his foot is shaped different or what but, my girls never kept socks on.

The team and I are trying to get Michael to like being on the floor for some playtime. He dosn't like to be alone so someone has to entertain him.

I am not to ashamed to admit that I read two books cover to cover this week. In fact I read one on Tuesday and one on Wednesday. I started the books while nursing in the afternoon and kept on reading them throughout the day. The books were not even my normal romance novels that I usually read.

Book 1:    Pope Awesome and Other Stores by Cari Donaldson.  This was fun and easy read. It is her story finding Catholicism and having kids. I was able to relate to a lot of her story with kids. I enjoyed reading about how she came to find the Catholic Church as the one true church of Jesus. When I read peoples conversion stories I'm always thankful that I grew up in the Church.


Book 2:  The Kid's Guide to Washington, DC by Elieen Ogintz.  Since the book was written for kids it was a very easy read. I like all the sidebar stuff it had in it along with websites to check out about different places. There are some good tips like checking websites before a person goes to see if there will any special programs during a persons visit.  Now to to get my big girls to start reading the book so they can research some places in DC.  I told them we should each create a list of five places that we would like to visit then we can compare lists to develop a plan of our vacation.


Yes, another Halloween picture, this one is from the National Guard party we attended. This is the only photo that I have of all five kids dressed for Halloween.

Burrrr the temperature took a dip at the end of the week. On Thursday I took Michael and Anne into town to do some errands. It was 4 degrees on my phone when we got into town. I kept kicking myself for not going on Tuesday when it was 40.



Michael is 8 weeks today!
 
 
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!











No comments:

Post a Comment