Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

AirPlane Ride

THE FLIGHT

 
 
 
I took Theresa(9), Eleanore (7), and Laura (5) to Washington D.C. over President's Day weekend to visit the deployed hubby.  Our flight was delayed 1 day due to a winter storm on the east coast. Delta canceled us on the flight leaving Bismarck which was great. I was so glad we didn't leave Bismarck and end up sleeping in Minneapolis airport.  
 
I will admit I was a bit frazzled by rebooking of the flight. I didn't like the option Delta provided of flying the next day to Minneapolis then to Detroit with a 4 hour layover before heading to D.C.  
After waiting a few hours I was able to get onto Delta's website and rebook to leave early from Bismarck and to have my big layover in Minneapolis then fly to D.C. 
 
It worked out great except that D.C. airport wasn't even open when we left Minneapolis in the late evening.  The pilot said " I'm assured that the plane will have a place to land when we get there." not the most comforting words. We ended up as the 1st flight in to D.C. in over 24 hours. I believe that our plane made a very boarding and got back in the sky before the airport was closed again.
 
The girls enjoyed the thrill of flying in the sky and the fun of an empty Minneapolis airport. It was crazy empty because no flights were coming in from the east coast.  
 
 
The story to be continued  ....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Waiting for bags in D.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment