Second stop was the track around the new gym for an obstacle course. There was rolling on a mat, stick horse barrels, climb through a tunnel and finally scooter boards.
What kid event isn't complete without the dreaded face painting? I normally give a big NO to face paint, but for some reason I didn't at the Y. Big mistake. We had paint on our clothes and hands and for some reason the black on Laura's face got crusty and it kind of flaked off.
Laura as a butterfly
--- 5 ----
Tuesday brought us to the clinic for a sore throat for Eleanore. We got placed in the exam room pretty quick but, then it took for ever. I know this because we finished Sesame Street and Daniel Lion before we were done in the exam room. The verdict was sore throat and some penicillin.
Can't share the chair to watch TV
Michael enjoyed the waiting for the doctor
Wednesday our parish had a Souper Bowl of Caring party. It was great fun, we arrived 20 minutes after it started and all the Chicken Soup, Hamburger Soup, and some other kind were already gone. I was happy to have Chili and Anne's leftover Potato. The girls found some sandwiches to eat and cookies. Local charities were invited to come and have a booth setup with an activity and info about the charity. We had fun at the local Head Start booth
The activity was cup bubbles it was really cool and the kids loved blowing all the bubbles of course. Theresa did a quick tie blanket for the local animal shelter. Eleanore and Anne colored place mats for homeless shelter.
I have been leaving Mr. Michael on the floor more even if he fusses. On Wednesday night he was fussing so I pulled him off his boppy pillow to just be right on his tummy on the floor and went back to working in the kitchen I came back and he turned himself over. There has not been a repeat of the roll a few close ones yesterday but no full turnovers. I guess getting mad and kicking your feet and legs is the way to learn to roll for this guy.






No comments:
Post a Comment