Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Quick Takes Vol.6

 
 
--- 1 ---
Our family started the week off with a wedding on Saturday afternoon.  The couple married at the church Team Horning attends. This worried me a lot, my four girls are not the quietest on Sunday mornings and they read books, color , and do strange things during mass.  As we drove to the wedding I went through rules that there would be no coloring, no talking, and they have to participate in the service. 

It went OK my middle little Laura moved from family member to family member trying to get a better look at the dress.  My littlest cried when she was denied exit from the pew during the vows.  All in all it was a great service and I was not too embarrassed to show my face at the reception.

--- 2 ---
The reception was at a hotel so the Team got to have a little staycation.  The hotel has a  sort of water park with a big slide so we spent both Friday and Saturday night.  I was able to get a suite with two rooms and three queen beds at a discounted wedding rate! I love a good discount.   The girls even swam after the wedding before supper and then again between supper and the dance.  All the swimming was thanks to some older cousins that were willing to change and watch them.  

Theresa on the Lilly pads
 
 
--- 3 ---
The bride and groom setup a kids table in the corner with coloring sheets, little toys, necklaces, and some noise makers.  Yeah for the noise makers!
Ella showing off her horn skills.
 
--- 4 ---
A wedding dance is always a fun time with little kids.  My team didn't disappoint in running the dance floor and dancing till they fell asleep. 
Laura dancing with bride.
 
 
--- 5 ---
I brought my camera to the wedding in the hopes of getting a family picture taken. I don't know if was because the wedding was a 2 and the girls were tired but, Ella and the baby cried and pouted for picture taking.  
 
Our family
 
--- 6 ---
I have not been doing very good with the photo challenge that I am participating in I have 4 days worth of photos to get off my card and posted into the challenge.  Maybe after working on this post I will do it.

--- 7 ---
My most exciting news for the week just might be purchasing tickets to George Strait. His finial tour is stopping in Grand Forks, North Dakota in February and I will be there.  This time I was able to participate in the presale for American Express card holders so my seats are not too bad.  Last time he was in North Dakota in Fargo the tickets I ended up with were kind of far away. 
 
 
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment